About Me

Sunday, September 27, 2009

"What I've Learned This Year" By Mr. McClung

I enjoyed reading this post. This article was very insightful for aspiring teachers. In a lot of my classes we have been learning about ways to be an effective teacher. It would be nice to be able to teach every child according to their own needs. Unfortunately a huge educational reform will have to take place.
Mr. McClung listed several ways to help become an effective teacher. Collaboration is something I fell very strongly about. "Communication is the best medicine," Mr. McClung said. Also, getting to know each child individually is a necessity. It is the best way to engage your students interest. If you care, they care. Mr. McClung also said to never stop learning. One of the biggest ideas that I hope to pass on to my students is that learning is a process that never ends. This goes for everyone. As an educator, I feel that it is extremely important to continue educating yourself. A teacher can never have too many resources.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, we will always be learning as long as we're teachers... and anyways, what fun is it, if you already KNOW everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Life is about learning and learning is about life. They go hand in hand. In my view if you are not learning you are not living! SS

    ReplyDelete