About Me

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Is it Okay to be a Tecnologically Illiterate Teacher?

I do not think it is okay to be a technologically illiterate teacher. Although i think it is extreme to say that a technologically illiterate teacher is equivalent to a teacher that can not read or write. Technology is very important. Not just in a learning aspect, but it is becoming the basis of society. I strongly believe students should be updated just as quickly as the technology itself. Most schools just do not have that kind of budget.
Like in our EDM 310 class, our computers can barely keep up because they are so outdated. Some people are still without computers in their own home. It is not like they are cut off from the rest of the world. So its kind of contradicting to teach students to rely on something so much. Some people are just more old fashioned i guess. I mean I feel like TV and Nintendo are brainwashing, much less bringing something like that and making it a necessity to learn. I think students' eagerness to learn is getting lost already. Maybe we should go back to blackboards and projectors. ;)

To visit this blog CLICK HERE

1 comment:

  1. With technology increasing at such a rapid pace its very difficult for everyone to keep in touch. Its not essential for teaching, but I think its important. Our class in New Zealand, which is the other side of the world really feels like part of the global community because of our online connections. On the other hand when I first started teaching I taught with a teacher who refused to use a computer for anything, because they were that 'old school', I've also met some brilliant teachers in my time who haven't used Web 2.0 technology, or not very much like everyone in my class at my present school.
    Mr Webb, Room 8, Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.
    Melvilleroom8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete