About Me

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Posting student work on the internet

This video was tear dropping. It gives me high hopes for the future of education. If people could just see this they would instantly understand the importance and benefits of media growing into what it is. People are fascinated with other people's lives and feelings. Entertainment is becoming personal. The possibilities of allowing your students to touch someone the way that these students did are endless. If there is any hope in making the world a better place, it lies in sharing children's hopes and dreams.
I already know that I will use the class blog for my class. I think this is a great way to keep your parents involved.
I will also make videos like the one you just seen to touch as many hearts as I can. Like soldiers and sick children.
When a child sees their work published they feel important. This creates confidence. Then in cases like this imagine how they felt when they were able to perform on stage. There are so many ways kid's express themselves. Writing does not do them justice. Technology creates possibilities to kids who can not grasp a certain concept. Where in a normal standardized school would stop there and allow them no hope.
I will also be a BIG Google Earth fan.
Google Earth's look at the solar system
I love the idea of virtual field trips! I think this will be an awesome way to bring a close up to my students with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment